Friday, August 28, 2009

BABY STEPS....BABY ATGARDER ( now thats got a dot on the first A and two dots on the 2nd!)



making a life.....

hmmmm.....

I keep telling Sixten while he is busy plotting out Phase 1 of his life, I am trying to plot out phase 2.....from here 
LITE bit at a time.....

but I have to confront a lot of challenges- for one---this bloody painful language-
..... although I have to say my little "enterprise" with Sixten teaching me Sveska is going along rather well....

it was the perfect combination---he wants money at the end of the week ....and I want  ( now WANT may be a very gracious term for it...) correction: I  HAVE to learn swedish.....
that  was a win-win....i have to say!!....

then, I have my thang goin' with Olivia back home- now, that's blended nicely, but we are trying to take it to " the next level"- this baby's ready to FLY - if you will-.
...if you aren't aware- it's a furniture line we designed in sore need of an aggressive manufacturer. We did THAT to try to get out of......

what I am apparently aiming on going back into! -( apparel, that is....)-with my "little project " that I announced last week on here.....( the project of the 4 stacks of Swedish business plan layouts!) -
 that one- 

yeah......

at any rate, there seems to be the loveliest gang of smart girls around here in my new PLATZ- Goteborg, that are smart and eager and willing to talk and help .....all of us- ex-pats a bit stuck if you will, in a land and a life that we are all trying to mold into, around, fit in, make a success, you get it.....


it's at least a bit of a  struggle for all of us, I think....

I happen to love the photo I posted here today, taken at our wedding last year....the pathway in front of us....
.... for my round TWO here, I may not have a town , a country or a society that I'm familiar with, but at least ( this go 'round)- I have the support of a really great guy....my "gentle swede"- my husband Roy!

I'm re-building for Part 2 - as I've taken to calling it,slowly , but surely....

I'm forced to face new challenges in everything I do here- even how to get to places,what's the protocol, etc, etc...

Lesson for the soul: as a baby, I was WALKING at 10 months. I skipped crawling.  
entirely. 
For part 2 here- I need to remember that crawling is OK- and even a good thing to do , as long as it gets me where I need to go and ultimately I begin to take some steps....

Swedish word for the Day: BABY ATGARDER-( with one dot over the first A and 2 over the 2nd!)- that means  BABY STEPS.

and sometimes even though you've done just fine before in DITT HEMLAND- because it was DITT HEMLAND- 
.....sometimes you have to start all over again, crawling before you walk .....

truly, I feel like I am beginning to take some steps now at least- even stride out - just a bit . At least  I'm beginning to feel I'm starting to walk well enough to take my hand off the coffee table every now and then!.....

BONK! OWWW!!!!!

No comments: