Wednesday, August 26, 2009

all I wanted was en KOPP KAFFE- SWEDES and COFFEE!!!

grrrrrr....
double GRRRRRRRR....
triple GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
i woke up  this morning  to go fix my cup o' joe, which i have to do when hubbie is out of town.....
there was ...NO.....coffee......at all......
oh GAWD.......
there was evidence of coffee having been drunk last night......but no note: "gee! sorry we're out of coffee."
no warning when I took off to the store yesterday...."uh, I think we're about OUT of COFFEE..."

nothing...until this morning when i found INGENTING! ( DENADA! NOTHING!)
except for me in a bad mood growling in the kitchen because there was no coffee......
OK- i'm naming him- this is WAR!
 SIXTEN DAH-LINGGG! 
You drink coffee like it's going out of style - like it's growing on trees( ok - so it does grow on trees- ) but you get my point! You'll drink up the GDP of the USA in two days if given the opportunity!

Once again- he knows not what sins he commits-poor Sixten!- He is genetically pre-disposed to it.

see.... Swedes drink coffee  like  most of the rest of world drinks water out of bottles. 
Intravenously almost. 
They even have a word for it:
FIKA- the COFFEE BREAK ( by the way- they are very PROUD of that word,too!) FIKA- which they must do non-stop at work , at play, constantly. FIKA- which you must do with friends ad nauseum- which is the single biggest reason why I am off ot Vikt Vaktarna!

"we need to talk"- "Shall we have some coffee"?

In my house, there is the usual COFFEE in the morning, of course. (This is a well recognized world -wide behavior anymore. I myself, would happily stop there-)
it's enough.
By lunch , I'm swinging into more edgey drinks: Coca Cola Light, etc., continuing on to eventually a glass of wine with dinner or the occasional Gin and Tonic - always Friday evening at 5 ( at least in this country!)....

but NOOOOOOOO...these guys continue on after that cup o' joe in the a.m.
to
  • a mid-morning FIKA break
  • a touch often after lunch
  • the mid afternoon FIKA break
  • then - gag me! the hubbie will often come home after work and WANT a CUP of COFFEE! ( The Archie Bunker beer doesn't fly here!0 Can you believe it.
  • then there's the evening coffee
  • and the late night coffee
all to say- it was that LATE NIGHT coffee of Sixten's that SCREWED me this morning....

this causes me trouble on all kinds of levels:
#1- in cases of my husband's son, I don't intervene- not my job- I turn it over to Pops- you should have seen the email I just sent the poor hubbie
#2- I'll be gosh -danged if I'M the one going to buy the next pack of coffee for this house ( I'll go without)
#3.) meanwhile- I just do without and SUFFER.....( which brings me towards the swedish word for the day...)

AND in turn  it leads me to the somewhat shallow lesson for my soul for the day:
PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR IS WRONG- but SOMETIMES there is NOTHING more enjoyable.

Therefore- in about 10 minutes I'm waking my Teacher Sixten UPP for our SVENSKA KLASS- 
and when he asks where the coffee is- 
you got it-it's gonna go like this:

"I'm sorry. We don't have any coffee this morning. Someone drank all of it yesterday. But , hey, I'm on a tight schedule today- so let's just get going- Where were we..... Chapter 13 was it?'

IN the MIDST of the PAIN and AGONY of PERSONAL SUFFERING- one can stil find the INNER STRENGTH to be PASSIVELY AGGRESSIVE! and enjoy it.

SWEDISH WORD FOR THE DAY:ATT LIDA- means: TO SUFFER- that which we will do all through swedish class this morning withOUT coffee!

But won't it feel good!?!....





1 comment:

Kara said...

LMAO! If you are launching a passive aggressive assault, you are adjusting.

Sucks about the coffee though. I would have gone fore blood. ;)