Monday, September 7, 2009

a brief pictoral essay on why Manolo Blahnik will never open a store in Sweden



just your average swedish gal out for a party afternoon- in the summer- 
note the 
charming( vinyl-as if that needs to be said) 
high summer foot wear.....
but......if I had to describe the one shoe that i truly beleive every swedish woman has in their closet- well, here it is.....

......pulled straight out of this months new editions here...
.... it's really nice to know that season in and season out, it's fashion boots like this that you can always find in stock here in Sweden.... vinyl scrunchie boots with the vinyl straps and the antique silver ( oops! can you spot an up-trend there?!) studs....it truly is a number that you want year after year after year( since oh about what? 1984!?)



and as if that isn't enough....there is truly every version in the book around here....gotta love that SCRUNCH THANG,huh!?and worse they charge way more than 100 sek for this!


BUT WAIT!!! 
be still my heart!
this is a NEW FASHION beauty for sale here this fall in Sweden- i just can't wait! 
do you know it comes in several other colors- just as lovely!?


i could go on......
(that is if I could just download a bit better!)
....but I'm thinkin' you're seeing where I'm goin' right?





god bless the man that created this....
manolo......'nuf said....... really... 


lesson for the (sole) today- uhhh....MEOW!?! 

word for the DAY: SKOR I SVERIGE- that's the subject of this week's expose- the SHOES of SWEDEN......

 and sometimes there are just things that truly defy explanation...and photos are the only thing to explain it....





1 comment:

Kara said...

I am rereading blogs at school waiting for class to start. I got the end of this one and my internal sigh much have been outward because I just got the oddest look for the guy next to me. If it was a woman, I would have turned the screen and she would have understood right away. We would have bonded and become ech other's new bffs on account of a show blog. Sweet Manolo that is a sexy shoe. I mean...honestly...I think my heart skipped a beat. The photos went...Fugly, Fugly, Fugly, Sweet-Mystery-Of-Life-At-Last-I-Found-You...