Saturday, September 12, 2009

at long last, WHY I think Joe Cocker is really a SWEDE

and this is finally( a day late and a lot of laborious reading about me, sweden and shoes)- 
I'm finally ready to convice you as to WHY I believe that Joe Cocker is .....
really.....
a swede......

cue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunvwCvu2NY

( cut and paste,if you have to, but go to You Tube and 
hit it!!!!!
NOW!...)

OKAY!?!?
here we go!!!!!


Baby, take off your coat...(real slow)
Baby, take off your shoes...here, I'll take your shoes.....

(now,it's obvious to me that good Swede that Joe is , is that he WANTS the SHOES
off first, but it just doesn't work lyrically in the song.....)



Go on over there and turn on the light...no, all the lights
Now come back here and stand on this chair...thats right
Raise your arms up in to the air...shake em
You give me a reason to live
You give me a reason to live
You give me a reason to live 

( now, in this fine scadinavian party ,till example....the hostess gift just happened to be apparently a can of whipped cream.....how polite and handy, indeed!....
and if you believe everything else about Swedes and their reputation for wild crazy abandoned sex lives full of fun,insanity and frivolity,
well, you are SOOOO right.....
 Joe has gone and gotten your coat off and your shoes off,
to have some fun,becuase really now he's getting to what every Swede really wants anyway when he asks you to leave your coat at the door:
and we CUE:
the REMAINDER of the TUNE)

hit it!!!!!





Baby, take off your dress
Yes, 
yes, 
    yes......



You can leave your hat on
You can leave your hat on
You can leave your hat on


You give me a reason to live
You give me a reason to live
You give me a reason to live!!!!!



and with THAT-
I rest my case!
JOE COCKER IS A SWEDE!

(.......btw, the too-cute and fun photos of this adorable scandinavian darling that proves thus beyond the shadow of a doubt that Joe sang that song because he really is a Swede comes from an just-as-adorable little blog I found on the internet at spongeshoe.blogspot.com in a section called: Scrape.Feel.Dig.Believe.ask.
you can find such witicisms as this on her blog:
....(it's just) so much better to post sexy pictures of my sexy hello kitty socks...
and
No more trips to Burger King, no more hanging around at Oslo S to get some free wireless internet and make new friends with the homeless... no more sneaking into toilets at McDonalds... Good bye all of that, hello freedom!

She's a doll and she proves my case! god Bless You sexy little scandinavian chick- 
(i think she's norwegian, but that's as close as I could get,ok?)

now for my job:

Lesson for the "SOLE": 
this has been a week of exploration into why I have such issues with the Swedes that have issues about shoes- which is basically the whole lot of 'em-
and I can't say that I've accomplished much for my "sole" this week-but that at least I feel I have a better understanding of why I still have issues, and why - so far- I still want to wear shoes in my own home- at least-and I'll go THIS far is all-  I will at least try harder to remmber to take my shoes off in other peoples' homes!
-okay!?

swedish words for the day:
lets' do some apparel items-okay?

en kappa, ett par skor, en klänning, och ... en hatt .....

that's a coat,a pair of shoes, a dress, and ...a hat.....

in that order.....

it's been a fun week.....
it's always good to examine ones'.....
SOLE!......

1 comment:

Kara said...

Brilliant! You have convinced this juror!