Monday, December 7, 2009

the (rare, elusive and fervently longed for) GOLDEN ORB



this...
it is ordained, is the entire key to my happiness....
and ...
to my sanity.....
This is what I hope and pray for every day when I wake up.....
just even a little bit.....
jsut to glimse a sight of ....
the elusive, the rare, the precious beyond words......

the GOLDEN ORB......

known normally as the SUN...
but see the word SUN connotates too much for what I could EVEN hope to get.....Sun has connotations of WARMTH, HEAT, EYE-SHEILDING, STRAPPY DRESSES, BIKINIS, SUN
all of which ......

never happens here......

It has rained pretty much without exception every day since I've gotten back from New York.....all of November and now into december......That's been OVER a month now......

and, on my morning walks to the bus to SFI( aka Swedish torture language class).....I have since come to discover that there are a bunch of
numskullheads over here that have painted their houses this pale pissy light light blueish grey in the part of Goteborg where we live... ( well, I saw it all summer, but it didn't bother me then as much...)

..... UNTIL I realized, that the dull perpetually grey paint on these houses.....
perfectly MATCH the COLOR of this grey dismal crap sky that is what we know as DAYTIME , in these here parts.....
So, they blend in,perfectly....in fact,
so well, that , walking around in the "daylight":

I have to be careful NOT to RUN INTO ONE of them!!!!!....

oh, for a sighting of the GOLDEN ORB....how I wish my SUNLAMP prescribed to me by my beloved old shrink back in New York( YES! there we have shrinks- thank God....) How I wish it diidn't wind up BUSTEDon the floor of my storage unit in Queens.....

I'll take FAKE LIGHT.....
......any light.....

(and it seems I'll also take ANY GOOD excuse- such as this - to wiggle out of studying this MORK FORM ORK LANGUAGE that i have to study!......)

Swedish PHRASE of the DAY:
SOLEN SKINER ! aka-THE SUN IS SHINING- and that's [WHEEENER ] to you engelska folks- WHEEE NERRRR! ( and ANOTHER queer as hell word for the swedish vocabulary)

LESSON FOR THE SOUL FOR THE DAY:
God made the SUN and that's WHY we should have some of it! ALL OF US!!!!even up here on the Polar Ice Cap.....

I should start a Golden Orb Devotional Society around here....... every month, just a trip to go find somewhere where it STILL exists......

i know : grumble and pray, grumble and PRAY.......
Labels:

2 comments:

La Petite Vie said...

oh i'm scared now!! i'll be up north in less than two weeks for my first swedish christmas. i am just preparing to hibernate pretty much the whole time. which i guess isn't so bad when you have a swedish beau, right? :)

karen said...

hey L., you know this is me , karen( goteborg),right? this is my blog! Haha! Of course not, you won't have a problem! The swedes practically invented all the necessary "distractions"! ( read your blog form a few weeks back...) lol!
boyfriends, newlyweds, it ALL works! wink! ^_- !